The Seasonal Traffic Calming Pilot Project involves the introduction of centerline paint markings, combined with the use of flexible plastic signs in the center of the roadway. The markings and signage are aimed at increasing driver awareness and decreasing speeds near parks, schools and seniors’ buildings. Signage is installed in the spring (end of April/early May) and is removed by mid-November (for winter maintenance operations).
To date, seasonal traffic calming was installed on Anna Avenue, Central Park Drive, Dynes Road, Kochar Drive, Owl Drive, Raven Avenue and Springland Drive.
In response to community concerns and further to Traffic staff review, in addition to the above-mentioned streets, the following areas will receive seasonal traffic calming in 2015:
- Caldwell Avenue near the two parks
- Falaise Road near Carleton Heights Public School
- Kitchener Avenue near Clifford Bowey School and Deborah Anne Kirwan Pool
- Nomandy Crescent (south) near Carleton Heights Park
- Paul Anka Drive near McCarthy Park
- Uplands Drive near Uplands Park